ICC T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers is about to start from 9th July. According to the format of the ICC qualifying for T20 world Cup, top sides of between the two groups (Group A and Group B) will qualify for the World Cup 2016 in India, while teams finishing second and third in each group will have to play cross matches between groups and then the top two teams will qualify for the tournament. The losing sides of the two play-off matches will then play the fourth-placed sides from each of the two groups in cross-over matches with the winners completing the 16-team line-up for the ICC World Twenty20 India 2016.
T20 World Cup 2016 Qualifiers Timetable
T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers schedule is quite tight this time around and it would span for around 15 days. T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers start date is 9th of July and it would end at 26th July 2015. This time around the T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers host countries would be Ireland and Scotland and matches would be spread across these two countries.
Many people are already excited to know when will T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers startand expecting a tough fight between the minnows. T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers matches would be played between 14 teams which would be divided into two groups: Group A and Group B with seven teams in each of the groups.
T20 World Cup 2016 qualifiers fixtures would span of 9th July to 26th July while warm up matches would be played on 6th and 7th July between cross over group teams. It would be exciting to see which teams qualify and which team wins the title of ICC World T20 Qualifier 2015. Going by the form, Ireland would be looking forward to win their hat trick of title.
Warm-up matches for T20 World Cup Qualifiers 2015
Mon, 6 July – Nepal v Oman, PNG v Kenya, Scotland v Namibia, Netherlands v Hong Kong
Mon, 6 July – Ireland v UAE, USA v local side, Canada v local side, Afghanistan v Jersey
Tue, 7 July – Nepal v UAE, local team v PNG, Scotland v Jersey, local team v Netherlands
Tue, 7 July – Ireland v Oman, Kenya v USA, Canada v Namibia, Afghanistan v Hong Kong, New Williamfield
Tournament matches for T20 World Cup Qualifiers 2015
- Thurs, 9 July – Scotland v UAE, Netherlands v Afghanistan
- Fri, 10 July – Ireland v Namibia, Canada v Kenya, Myreside, Nepal v USA, UAE v Afghanistan
- Sat, 11 July – Hong Kong v Jersey, Scotland v Netherlands, Kenya v Oman, Nepal v Namibia
- Sun, 12 July – Ireland v USA, PNG v Jersey, UAE v Netherlands, Canada v Oman, New Williamfield, Scotland v Afghanistan
- Mon, 13 July – Namibia v USA, Hong Kong v PNG, Ireland v Nepal, Stormont, Afghanistan v Kenya
- Tue, 14 July – Netherlands v Oman, UAE v Canada, New Williamfield, Scotland v Kenya
- Wed, 15 July – Ireland v PNG, USA v Jersey, Afghanistan v Oman, Nepal v Hong Kong, UAE v Kenya
- Thurs, 16 July – Scotland v Canada, Goldenacre, Edinburgh (1000-1310)
- Fri, 17 July – Nepal v PNG, Namibia v Jersey, Netherlands v Canada, New Williamfield, Ireland v Hong Kong
- Sat, 18 July – Nepal v Jersey, Scotland v Oman, Afghanistan v Canada, New Williamfield, PNG v Namibia, Hong Kong v USA, Netherlands v Kenya
- Sun, 19 July – Ireland v Jersey, PNG v USA, Hong Kong v Namibia
- Tue, 21 July – Qualifying Play-Off 1 (A2 v B3), Qualifying Play-Off 2 (A3 v B2)
- Thurs, 23 July – Qualifying Play-Off 3 (A4 v loser Qualifying Play-Off 1, Qualifying Play-Off 4 (B4 v loser Qualifying Play-Off 2)
- Sat, 25 July – Semi-final (B1 v Winner Qualifying Play-off 1), fifth/sixth position play-off (winner play-off 3 v winner play-off 4), Semi-final (A1 v Winner Qualifying Play-off 2)
- Sun, 26 July – Third place play-off, Final